How to Fix Wmploc.dll version number error while opening Windows Media Player
Wmploc.dll version number error while opening Windows Media Player occurs when user wants update new version of Media player, API (Application Program Interface) encounters gmpexe file is missing support for the new one version. The .dll files with API connectivity passes invalid token as verification response. It indicates system stuck with slow performance having message: “Can’t Update”. User should fix and solve Wmploc.dll version number error while opening Windows Media Player with “Advanced System Repair tool” to avoid system crash.
Current window crash, abrupt shutdown with slow performance of the system bears one of the tentative reasons – firmware failure, missing .dll and bad registry, fated RAM installation, AGP card failure. Wmploc.dll version number error while opening Windows Media Player should be removed with either automatic tool or manual solution.
- Close Window Media Player
- Start >> click All Programs >> Accessories
- Command Prompt >> Right-click >> Run as Administrator
- Continue (specify administrator’s information, if prompted)
- Type “UNREGMP2.EXE /UPDATEWMPVERSION” (in the Command Prompt) >> Enter*If this does not help you can re register the wmp.dll file
- Log on as an administrator
- Click Start>> Right Click >> type “cmd” >> Start Search >> right-click cmd.exe, >> Run as administrator >> Continue
- Command prompt >> type “regsvr32 wmp.dll” >> OK.
Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Windows Media Player:
Uninstalling the Windows Media Player:
Start and in the search type “Turn Windows features On or Off”.
Browse to the Media Features and uncheck the mark in front of Windows Media Player.
Reinstalling the Windows Media Player:
Go to Start and in the search type “Turn Windows features On or Off”.
Browse to the Media Features and place a check mark in front of Windows Media Player.
Some other impairments may be user should apply the advices given below (if gets failure in earlier steps):
- Press Windows + R >> type “cmd” >> Enter >> type “sfc/scannow” >> Enter (as administer console)
- Press Windows + R >> type “cleanmgr.exe” >> Enter
- Ensure internet connections
- Repair associates registry entries of the problem
- Ensure user profile, System time and date
- Accomplish Antivirus program
- Update PC Device Drivers
- Restore to alter recent changes
- Uninstall and Reinstall updates
- Install all available Windows updates
Conclusive Decision :
If user is uncomfortable to sort out the Wmploc.dll version number error while opening Windows Media Player type of media files problem, a third party “Advanced System Repair tool” can remove the problem in a single click for WMP, AVI, MKV, MP4, WMV, MPEG-2 archival with cache expedition, repair of HDD bad sectors, split of garbage collection of memory cells, free drivers support, patch up with missing .dll and sys files, diagnose and cure for virus attacks – malware, spyware, adware.