Quick Fix for Windows Error Code 0x800F0923
Most errors started occurring in Windows OS when a free-upgrade option was given to users. This scheme exposed the weakness of the Windows OS design not being too independent of the system on which they were programmed to be used. This doesn’t mean that your OS cannot jump from system to system but it means that when you register your OS through online mode once then the Microsoft’s Security Essentials make it quite difficult for users as the OS fails to understand whether its an upgraded system or another system that is implicating the genuine user.
These two messages are generally displayed when an error occurs due to this –
“Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then you can restart. (0% complete)”
“If you like to know more, you can search online later for this error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.”
You at first might get Blue Screen of Death error.
Certain server based applications might fail to respond or work.
Incompatible driver being used, new update requires certain minimum system configurations.
The system file fails to recognize the correct version required for the given system configuration to update the driver it needs.
Method 1: Try to manually install the update
Make sure your PC is plugged in and connected to the Internet using a non-metered connection. Don’t disconnect, unplug, or turn off your PC while the update is being installed.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Windows Update.
- Tap or click Check now.
- If updates are found, tap or click View details.
- In the list of updates, select the update containing KB 2919355, and then tap or click Install.
- If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, enter the password or provide confirmation.
- After the installation is complete, restart your PC and sign in.
If the given method fails to address your problem then here is how you could look to alternatively resolve the issue, by using Advanced System Repair Tool. This tool helps you scan and repair virus damages and also repairs DLL files that are shared functionality files used by different applications simultaneously. It also helps you get started if you see a BSoD error.