How to recover data using Windows Data Recovery
We all have a system at home that doesn’t work the way we desire. Formatting is a solution put forward by many technocrats but what we do not understand is that the consequences of it all can be you losing all your loved memory-the photos, the albums, etc. Read More to find about Windows Data Recovery.
Now, even after that you might not feel satisfied with the results, so for you restoring or recovering the system; i.e. Windows Data Recovery will be the right choice as you get to have your personal files unaltered and better working system. But remember not all solutions are meant to be final there is always a better solution available.
- Human Error- Accidentally deleting the files.
- Hardware Problem- Due to improper pairing of the components, their functioning breaching one other’s fields.
- Software Problem- If the software is not installed properly or the permissions given to it are out of bound.
- Electric Supply- Interrupted electric supply can cause the components to become static leading to loss of data.
The System Recovery Options menu contains several tools, such as Startup Repair, that can help you recover Windows from a serious error. This set of tools is on your computer’s hard disk and on the Windows installation disc.
Startup Repair- Fixes certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files that might prevent Windows from starting correctly. For more information, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions.
System Restore- Restores your computer’s system files to an earlier point in time without affecting your files, such as e mail, documents, or photos.
If you use System Restore from the System Recovery Options menu, you cannot undo the restore operation. However, you can run System Restore again and choose a different restore point, if one exists.
System Image Recovery- You need to have created a system image beforehand to use this option. A system image is a personalized backup of the partition that contains Windows, and includes programs and user data, like documents, pictures, and music.
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool- Scans your computer’s memory for errors.
Command Prompt-Advanced users can use Command Prompt to perform recovery-related operations and also run other command line tools for diagnosing and troubleshooting problems.
Note – Some Computer Manufacturers might customize the menu by adding or removing recovery tools, or including their own tools.
STEPS TO OPEN SYSTEM RECOVERY
1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer using the computer’s power button.
2. Do one of the following:
- If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.
- If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to repair, and then press and hold F8.
3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press Enter. (If Repair your computer isn’t listed as an option, then your computer doesn’t include preinstalled recovery options, or your network administrator has turned them off.)
4. Select a keyboard layout, and then click next.
5. On the System Recovery Options menu, click a tool to open it.
This Windows Data Recovery; will recover all the system generated data files and might also repair some of your personal data files. But files that you have lost due to deletion, corruption from virus or malicious program, or improper functioning of the hardware cannot be restored or recovered by this method. You would need to use a Advanced System Repair Tool for this.
Advanced System Repair Tool can recover your data no matter how securely you have deleted it that Windows Data Recovery couldn’t. It also gives you the option to recover selected few photos from a heap of different photos. With enhanced search option it can search even your hidden files, the ones that you chose to hide using some third party software. It recovers and resurrects your lost or deleted volumes as well. It sorts your files exactly the way you want.