How to Fix Windows 8.1/8 Pro Activation with Media Centre giving Error Code 0xC004C4AA
This Windows Activation Error Code 0xC004C4AA, Windows 8.1/8 Pro Activation with Media Centre Error Code 0xC004C4AA, occurs due to partial licensing rights given to the preinstalled OS of your system, this means that most of the times the OS that comes with your system is either running with limited features or is only a demo version.
The company wants you to pay for the full version. Therefore you must buy before continuing to run the OS on your system fully.
You can only activate different editions of Windows on systems that had Windows preinstalled, or Windows was purchased on the Windows website or at a retail store. To fix the problem, you need to install Windows with the product key provided to you in a purchase confirmation email or with the DVD.
There is always an alternative option to use instead of the manual process; you could try using Advanced System Repair Tool for all your Windows Activation Error Code 0xC004C4AA, Windows 8.1/8 Pro Activation with Media Centre Error Code 0xC004C4AA.
You should be aware that Windows 8.1/8 Pro can be restored to previous functionality but without Media Centre. This is the only solution for it.
- On the Start Screen, type “regedit” and hit Enter.
- If prompted by UAC, then Click on Yes.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion.
- Double Click on EditionID and ProductName, change the values to the ones in the red boxes in the screenshot above, and Click OK.
- Close Registry Editor, Restart the computer, and Sign In to Windows 8.
- Insert your Windows 8 installation DVD/USB, and run Setup.exe. If prompted by UAC, then Click on Yes.
- Select (dot) Go online to install updates now, and click/tap on Next.
- Input your Windows 8 Pro product key when required.
- Select the Keep Windows settings, personal files, and apps option, and then Click on Next.
- Click on Install and Personalize it.
- Upgrade Install to Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
When finished, your Windows 8 Pro should be completely identical to how it was before, except it will no longer have Windows Media Center. Your old installation will have moved to a folder called Windows.old, so follow the tutorial below to remove it if you want to free up that space.
- Windows.old Folder – Delete in Windows 8
If the above steps didn’t help you to Fix Windows 8.1/8 Pro Activation with Media Centre giving Error Code 0xC004C4AA then here is what you should try alternatively. Try using Advanced System Repair Tool this tool will automatically resolve all your issue. It not only scans and detects virus corruptions and damages but it also repairs them automatically.