Fix Windows Update Error Code 8024a005
If you receive Windows Update Error Code 8024a005 then it is probably due to the bad Windows Updates Temporary folders. While checking for updates it’s better to remove the temporary update files that Windows uses to identify updates for your computer. To, prevent the overwriting of these files so as to not face the problem of generating any error. This would help you in keeping the system clean.
To perform this task; of Windows Update Error Code 8024a005, you could look to use Advanced System Repair Tool as not all manual process could help to resolve the issues that your system is uniquely facing.
- Due to some third party software.
- Corrupted Windows Temporary Update folder.
Method 1: Clean Boot
This method will help us determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service. Please perform the following steps:
- Click the “Start” Button, type “msconfig” in the search bar and press Enter.
Note: Please click the Continue if the “User Account Control” window pops up.
- Click the “Services” tab, check the “Hide All Microsoft Services” box and click “Disable All” (if it is not gray).
- Click the “Startup” tab, click “Disable All” and click “OK”.
- Then, restart the computer. When the “System Configuration Utility” window appears, please check the “Don’t show this message or launch the System”
- Test if we can update the system in Clean Boot.
Note: Temporarily disabling the Startup Group only prevents the startup programs from loading at startup. This shouldn’t affect the system or other programs. We may still manually run these programs later. We can check on Normal Startup in the General tab to roll back to Normal Mode after we get this issue resolved.
If the issue persists, please continue to try Step 2.
Method 2: Rename the Windows Update SoftwareDistribution folder
This problem may occur if the Windows Update, Software Distribution folder has been corrupted. We can refer to the following steps to rename this folder. Please note that the folder will be re-created the next time we visit the Windows Update site.
- Close all the open windows.
- Click the “Start” Button, click “All programs”, and click “Accessories”.
- Right-click “Command Prompt” and click “Run as administrator”.
- In “Administrator: Command Prompt” window, type in “net stop wuauserv” (without the quotes) and press Enter.
- Click the “Start” Button, in the “Start Search” box, type in “%windir%” (without the quotes) and press Enter.
- In the opened folder, look for the folder named “SoftwareDistribution”.
- Right-click on the folder, select “Rename” and type “SDold” (without the quotes) to rename this folder.
- Still in “Administrator: Command Prompt” window, type the command “net start wuauserv” (without the quotes) in the opened window to restart the Windows Updates service.
It is better for you to use Advanced System Repair Tool because this Windows Update Error Code 8024a005 specifically generates due to use junk pile of temporary folders in your system. Advanced System Repair Tool helps you clean all this with one go and also optimizes the system to accept the new updates.