Fix Windows 8 Shutdown-Restart if left Idle
Windows 8 OS has a lot of features and is very user friendly but sometimes to access and enable most of the features it could be very difficult and tiresome. So, here is how you resolve your problem all by yourself. A lot of times when we need to leave the system we prefer to idle it. This could lead to the system shutting down or restarting to install the updates that it has downloaded. This is mainly due to the settings that comes default to the profiles.
- Check Power Options
- Go to the start screen
- Start typing Power Options
- Select Power options from the displayed results
- Now, within power options,
- Click on Change what the power buttons do
- Now, Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable
- Uncheck the Checkbox that reads Turn on Fast Startup
- Follow the steps mentioned above till you reach power options
- Check which plan is selected and click on Change plan settings of that particular power plan
- Click on Change Advanced settings
- Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable
- Set Turn off hard disk after to Never
- Click on Apply, and OK
- Boot into your BIOS Setup (press DEL or F2 or F10) (depending on your computer) (refer documentation)
- Check the Power Options to make sure ACPI Version is set to the maximum available settings (example: ACPI ver. 3)
- If unsure, just load setup defaults and refer your motherboard / computer user manual to set the correct options
- In the end, check you’re SMPS (DESKTOP COMPUTERS ONLY), is not faulty.
Hopefully the above methods did help you with the problem; Windows 8 Shutdown-Restart if left Idle, Windows 8 Shutdown-Restart in Idle Mode.You could look to use Advanced System Repair Tool. This tool not only scans and cleans your system for viruses but it also repairs the damages due to corruption automatically. It acts as a system optimizer for data and controls its flow for efficient management of the system.