Quick fix to Windows Error Code 0x800F0922
Windows Error Codes are generally generated when a system error occurs. This can be due to the corruption of system files or involuntarily editing the registry or deleting the files to enhance system functionalities.
This is the message that you will get once this error gets logged in your system –
“Windows could not install the selected updates, please reboot your system and retry.” (Error Code – 0x800F0922)
- Some important updates fail to upload and install.
- Mostly application fail to open and work properly.
- VPN clients and an unexpected System Reserved Partition size.
Method 1: Run Windows update troubleshooter which will automatically fix some common problems with Windows Update.
- Press Windows + W key on the keyboard.
- Type Troubleshooting in the search tab and press Enter.
- Click View all on left panel.
- Click Windows Update, new window will popup.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
Method 2: Run these commands in Command Prompt (Admin).
- Press Windows key +X.
- Click on command Prompt (Administrator).
- On the open Command Prompt window copy and paste the commands (all at once) –
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Close the Command Prompt.
- Now, try to install the updates. Check if it helps.
Method 3: Run the System update readiness tool.
- Press Windows key + X.
- Click Command Prompt (Run as administrator).
- In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.
- Run Windows Update again also tries to install .Net Framework.
Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn’t disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you’re done. If you’re connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.
If the above methods didn’t help you then try using Advanced System Repair Tool. This tool is specifically designed for Windows Error and corruption of files/folders due to viruses. It repairs all the damages to dll files and optimizes the system for efficient data control.