How to Remove Error Code 0x0000009F
Windows 7 crashing problem; Error Code 0x0000009F occurs when you suddenly close the lid of your laptop which you have set to hibernate or sleep, this could lead to an interrupted power supply which can put the Hard Disk in static, which could sometimes become very difficult to revive even when electric supply is induced at higher voltage than prescribed. That is what we try to do in over clocking the processors. It could cause serious damage to the drive.
So here is how you should resolve the Blue Screen of Death Error 0x0000009F, Driver Power State Failure 0x0000009F, in few easy steps.
You may receive a “STOP 0x0000009F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE” error message in Windows.
This behavior occurs when drivers do not handle the power state transition requests properly. The error message most often occurs during one of the following actions:
• Shutting down.
• Suspending or resuming from Standby mode.
• Suspending or resuming from Hibernate mode.
To prevent the error message from occurring, update or remove the offending driver. This behavior is not limited to the device drivers; it can also occur with file system, filter drivers. To isolate the driver that is causing the problem, use the following steps:
1. Check to be sure your computer and all devices are on the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) and have WHQL signed and certified drivers. You can use Sigverif.exe to check for unsigned drivers.
2. Check for driver updates that may be available for your hardware.
3. Update software that uses filter drivers (for example, anti-virus, remote control, and backup software).
4. Uninstall any non-critical devices and software to help isolate the device/software that may be causing the problem.
5. Install Windows in a new folder. Add drivers and restart as you proceed to isolate the driver that is causing the problem.
You can try this also.
1. Start – type in Search box – MSCONFIG find at top – Right Click – RUN AS ADMIN
2. General Tab – check Diagnostic Start – APPLY / OK – REBOOT
Still unable to resolve the issue Error Code 0x0000009F you could look to use Advanced System Repair Tool for it. This not only helps you to scan the system for viruses but it also repairs corruption due to it. It optimizes the system and repairs all disk errors.