How to fix Windows Update Error Code 0x8020000F
A lot of applications come pre-loaded with the Windows OS. Some are games; others are file applications that are used to access different types of files on your system. Outlook is one such application that enables you to keep in touch with your mails even when you are offline. For, this purpose it uses two type of file formats .pst and .ost. Sometimes, when .ost files are not accessed for long stretch of time it gets corrupted easily. This generates the problem in the registry. For, it could be the system file or a file storing your personal data. Losing this might cause some serious trouble. Windows Update Error Code 0x8020000F is displayed on screen with the following message– “Try that again.”
The problem is exclusive to Windows 8 and above. No other version of Windows OS has reported this problem yet. If you are using other versions then contact Microsoft Support. Or else you could also try this method before proceeding.
Better to use Advanced System Repair tool, as it will ensure that you do not need to Google in future searching for another system error.
- Certain mails would fail to open.
- Failure in sending mail to your favorite contact list.
- Unable to access earlier mails that you might have saved as unsent draft.
The main and only cause is an unattended mail client’s files on your system. It also means that you have a system whose maintenance hasn’t been carried out in a while. So, become sure by running the system maintenance that it is not an error due to it but a registry file corruption error.
I would suggest you to run system file checker scan:
- Open Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command in the command prompt and press enter: Sfc /scannow
- Wait till the process completes, restart the computer and check.
- You could also try to uninstall the mail client and then reinstall it, after you have restarted your system.
- The other option would be to use the Windows Troubleshooter to see what it list as the possible cause of this problem and the source file could be recognized. After which you could try registry repair.
Suggestion would be to go for the most recommended Advanced System Repair tool as most of the times it is difficult to recognize the source of the problem. As such specialized tool could come handy. Advanced System Repair tool is one such tool. It helps not only with your Windows Update Error Code 0x8020000F but it scans the registry from time to time and repairs it wherever necessary. It gives you the option to see the files that it deletes or alters beforehand so as to make sure you are not at a lost.