How to fix Windows Error Code 0xC1900208 – 0x4000C
This is the trouble when you upgrade to the new Windows 10. This OS of Microsoft has different system a requirement to that needed by previous versions so what it entails is that some of its features become un-usable on old machines.
Most of the time you get Windows Error Code generation dialog box with the message and code attached with it.
This error also means that an incompatible app is installed on your PC is blocking the upgrade process from completing. Check to make sure that any incompatible apps are uninstalled and then try upgrading again.
Method 1: Run Windows update troubleshooter which will automatically fix some common problems with Windows Update.
- Press Windows + W key on the keyboard.
- Type Troubleshooting in the search tab and press Enter.
- Click View all on left panel.
- Click Windows Update, new window will popup.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
Method 2: Run these commands in Command Prompt (Admin).
- Press Windows key +X.
- On the open Command Prompt window copy and paste the commands (all at once) –
- Click on command Prompt (Administrator).
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Close the Command Prompt.
- Now, try to install the updates. Check if it helps.
- Method 3: Run the System update readiness tool.
- Press Windows key + X.
- Click Command Prompt (Run as administrator).
- In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.
- Run Windows Update again also tries to install .Net Framework.
Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn’t disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you’re done. If you’re connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.
If the above methods didn’t help you then try using Advanced System Repair Tool. This tool is specifically designed for Windows Error and corruption of files/folders due to viruses. It repairs all the damages to dll files and optimizes the system for efficient data control.