How to fix Windows Error Code 0x000000c1
This is a device connection error code and therefore you need to address the connection with the device properly. It can occur due to improper pairing or connection between the device and the system. Sometimes the device is not recognized by the manufacturer or is said to be incompatible with it.
“Connect to the Printer-Windows cannot connect to the printer (Error Code – 0x000000c1)”.
This is the message that will generate while trying to print something using your wired printer.
The cause could be the corruption of the registry, deletion, or overwritten data files.
Method 1. To see if a printer is installed
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you’re using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
- Tap or click PC and devices, and then tap or click Devices.
- If your printer is installed, it should appear under Printers.
- If your printer isn’t listed, tap or click Add a device, and then select your printer to install it.
- If you’ve connected a printer to your computer and it doesn’t work—or mysteriously stops working—you might need to reinstall or update its driver.
Method 2. To check Windows Update for new drivers
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- Click the link that tells you optional updates are available. (If you don’t see this link, it means Windows
- Update didn’t find any updates for your computer.)
- Select the driver you want to install, click OK, and then click Install updates. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
If none of the above steps helped to resolve your problem; Windows Error Code 0x000000c1, Windows Printing Error Code 0x000000c1, and then you can look to use Advanced System Repair Tool. This tool will help you connect with the printer and install all latest driver updates automatically. It also keeps a list of all genuine software being used in your system and acts as a system optimizer and data controller.