How to fix Windows 8 fails to Restart after Updates
This problem could have arisen because of the conflicting rights and permissions of the software are being put to use in your system and their new updates. This could be resolved instantaneously if you try using the clean boot option, because it loads minimum applications and software.
You could alternatively look to use Advanced System Repair Tool for this problem of yours; Windows 8 fails to Restart after Updates, Windows 8 fails to Configure Updates.
- These are some of the error messages that you might see in the loading blue screen.
- Failure Configuring Windows Updates.
- Reverting Changes.
- Do not turn off your computer when you try to install Windows Updates.
- A lot of probable causes can be there which is unnecessary to list here.
- Boot from the Windows 8 DVD by tapping F12 key continuously at the time of Restart.
- Select your keyboard and language options.
- Select Repair your computer, and then select the Command Prompt.
- From the Command Prompt run the following command:
Dism /image:c:\ /get-packages
- This will produce a list of installed updates and packages. They will look like this:
Package Identity: Package_for_KB978262~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~184.108.40.206
Release Type: Security Update
Install Time: 2/11/2010 1:01 PM
- Find the most recent one and then make a note of the package identity. Then run:
dism /image:c:\ /remove-package /PackageName:Package_for_KB978262~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~220.127.116.11(name of update from previous step)
- You will get a status of the removal until it is complete. Then reboot your PC.
- You will want to start with the most recent and remove them one at a time to find the problem update.
- Hope the information provided helps.
If the above methods didn’t help you then try using Advanced System Repair Tool. This tool will help you identify the Update that is causing the error and remove it automatically. This tool also acts as a scan and clean program for viruses. It helps repair the damages caused by them automatically. Also, acts as data controller and optimizer.