How to Fix Windows 8 Can’t Activate Error Code 0xC004C400
This problem; Windows Activation Error Code 0xC004C400, Windows 8 Can’t Activate Error Code 0xC004C400, occurs due to improper installation, activation or registration of the previous version of Windows OS being used in your system. This could mean when you bought a system pre-installed with Windows OS you failed to get it activated, registered within 30 days. Also, if you have changed your hardware i.e. you upgraded to a better system or another system then you have to get it activated again because Microsoft’s EULA tells us that the second user installed system is not genuine because software licensing is provided for only one copy of the original.
After resolving this problem you could look to use Advanced System Repair Tool.
- A pop-up message will tell you that you have an inactivated Windows OS.
- Or that Windows OS is not genuine.
- Buy from unrecognized retailers or OEMs.
- Press Windows key + X then click Run, then type: slui.exe 4
- Next press the ‘ENTER’ key
- Select your ‘Country’ from the list.
- Choose the ‘Phone Activation’ option.
- Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.
- Explain your problem clearly to the support person.
If the given steps could not resolve your problem; Windows Activation Error Code 0xC004C400, Windows 8 Can’t Activate Error Code 0xC004C400, and then probably you might have to buy the Windows OS again.
You could look to use Advanced System Repair Tool if you were able to resolve your problem and hopefully this tool will protect you from this kind of troubles in the future. This tool is designed to scan and detect unauthorized and illegitimate software that is being put into use in your system. This protect you from loss of personal details.