How to fix the problems of Windows Update Error Code 0x80240034
Microsoft’s Windows is one of the most genuine OS available in the market. It also has a very tending after sales services, provided in the form of new latest updates. But most of these updates are unnecessary for common user, as they seek to address the problems that the OS generated while doing some specific tasks, which the user might never do on his system. Therefore, it is recommended to users that they upgrade their system to only those updates that they seem to have uses for, details are enclosed with all these updates.
Windows Update Error Code 0x80240034 occasionally generates in a 32-bit system it is a run time error. It is given by the Windows Updater which fails to recognize the older software package of whose updated version you want to download or is available. As the primary task of the Updater is to recognize and replace older software packages with the updated version of it. There is no sure sort answer as to why this particular Windows Update Error Code 0x80240034 is being generated in your system as system and software behaves intrusively in different environment. A system image copy would be required to address your problem explicitly. Which might not seem feasible to you?
It is recommended that you use Advanced System Repair Tool for Windows Update Error Code 0x80240034. You could also try these methods-
- The only visible symptom it causes is that you would be unable to update your Windows OS’s some packages. This might bar you from using the system to its fullest. It can also sometimes freeze your
- Update screen and terminate the download process mid-way.
- It does not harm your system in the way; you think it might, as it is not a security protocol threat.
- A registry problem due to overwriting of the different packages, leading in failure to recognize the original older version whose update is required.
- But a failure to update your Windows Defender, Microsoft‘s Essential Security Updates due to it could become a security threat.
- Try using Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)
- To do this, follow these steps:
- Open an elevated command prompt.
- In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
- The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
- The %WinDir% placeholder represents the Windows operating system folder. For example, C:\Windows.
Note: Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.
After the process is finished, you may receive one of the following messages:
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.This means that you do not have any missing or corrupted system files.
Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
- To resolve this problem, perform the System File Checker scan in safe mode, and make sure that the PendingDeletes and PendingRenames folders exist under %WinDir%\WinSxS\Temp.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.
- To view the detail information about the system file scan and restoration, go to How to view details of the System File Checker process.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.
As you can see when a problem with a corrupted system file occurs the only solution provide by Microsoft itself is to repair the registry yourself. This could be very difficult if you do not know how this works or affects your system. Deleting or cleaning registry files could be difficult as you do not know which application it would affect.
So, for all registry related problems, especially Windows Update Error Code 0x80240034 can be resolved in three easy steps by using Advanced System Repair Tool. A highly efficient tool for registry repair and error fix. It comes with a custom scan of its own, in which the minutest corruption could not miss. It also gives you the options to reduce the process running in background so as to increase your speed.