How to Fix/ Resolve File System Error Code (-2145042388)
What you have here is a hardware problem and driver problem; How to Fix/ Resolve File System Error Code (-2145042388), Stop File System Error Code (-2145042388), Quick Fix File System Error Code (-2145042388), Guide to Fix/ Resolve File System Error Code (-2145042388), Automatically Fix/ Resolve File System Error Code (-2145042388), Manually Fix/ Resolve File System Error Code (-2145042388), this could have occurred due to many reasons. Specifically speaking, some of the hardware in your system configuration is configured improperly or might have crashed or failed or just went rogue. This problem of yours could be fixed easily using an automatic tool for better like Advanced System Repair Tool.
Manual procedures might help but it’s not guaranteed to work for you or on your system. As you might be probably aware of the fact that these procedures are lengthy and difficult to follow for beginners, advance users might not have any problem with it. Still they could err and this can result in fatal disasters.
Method 1. Check Run Disk Utility
- Press Windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (Admin) to open the Elevated Command Prompt. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)
- Type the following command:
chkdsk /r and click Enter.
chkdsk /f and click Enter.
- If you see this message:
Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N). Then press ‘Y’ and click Enter.
- Restart your system and let the check disk run.
Method 2. Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for file corruption and restore it.
- Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
- In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
Method 3. Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool as follows.
- Open an elevated command prompt. Press WinKey + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the following command, and then press Enter. It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
- After you get message “The operation completed successfully” type second command and press enter. It will take some time to finish.
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.
- You need at least 1024 X 768 screen resolutions for Metro apps to work. The Windows apps will not work in screen resolution less than 1024 X 768. To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768. Make sure that the screen resolution meets these requirements. You can check this by:
- Right-click the mouse from the desktop interface and select “Screen Resolution” from the menu.
- Check the screen resolution shown there. It should be at least 1024 X 768.
- Also, make sure the User Account Control (UAC) is enabled in the computer. To enable the User Account Control on the computer follow these steps:
- Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys on the keyboard, type “Account Control” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
- In the “User Account Control Settings” window, move the slider to the default settings and click “OK”.
Method 4. Run the app troubleshooter.
- Type troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar.
- Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
- Select Windows store Apps.
- Follow the on screen instruction.
Method 5. Disable the Proxy Settings.
- If you are connected to the Internet using the proxy settings, then the Windows 8 Apps cannot connect to the Internet and thus they do not work properly as expected. So, we need to check and disable the proxy settings in the computer. Follow these steps to disable the proxy settings and check if it helps.
- Press “Windows Logo” + “R”, type “inetcpl.cpl” and press “Enter”.
- Click the “Connections” tab, and then click “LAN settings”.
- Uncheck the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” check box.
- Click “Ok”.
Hopefully, the above methods did help you to resolve the issue; How to Fix/ Resolve File System Error Code (-2145042388), Stop File System Error Code (-2145042388), Quick Fix File System Error Code (-2145042388), Guide to Fix/ Resolve File System Error Code (-2145042388), Automatically Fix/ Resolve File System Error Code (-2145042388), Manually Fix/ Resolve File System Error Code (-2145042388), if unfortunately it didn’t then try using Advanced System Repair Tool. This tool will help you scan and clean the system of viruses and repair corruption damages due to it automatically. It will also act as a system optimizer and data controller to help you run the system efficiently. It has been specifically designed to resolve all Windows Error Codes Generation, .dll Files Corruptions and BSoD Errors automatically.