Fix E_UNEXPECTED 0x8000ffff Error in Windows 7
E_UNEXPECTED 0x8000ffff Error in Windows 7 spawns when user wants to install the existing MS Win OS with Windows 7 while losing windows registry files system supports (graphics and 64 bit) and gets slow system stuck with system performance. User should fix and solve E_UNEXPECTED 0x8000ffff Error in Windows 7 with “Advanced System Repair tool” to spurn system crash.
Abrupt shutdown and current window crash having slow performance with the error causes one of the impairment reasons – Win OS registry, firmware, internet connection, system time and date, proxy server time, user profile, fated installation of RAM. E_UNEXPECTED 0x8000ffff Error in Windows 7 should be removed with either automatic tool or manual solution.
- Start >> All Programs >> Windows AIK.
- Deployment Tools Command Prompt >> Right-click >> Run as administrator.
- Copy the Install.wim file from Windows 7 installation media to a folder. Specify these commands:
copy D:\sources\install.wim C:\OS_Image
- Mount the Install.wim file by using the ImageX tool by the command:
ImageX /mountrw C:\OS_Image\install.wim 1 C:\OS_Image\mount
- Copy the Windows RE image (Winre.wim) from the mounted Windows 7 image to a folder by these commands:
copy C:\OS_image\mount\windows\system32\recovery\winre.wim C:\winre\
- Unmount the mounted Windows 7 image after you copy the Windows RE image (Winre.wim) Specify command:
ImageX /unmount C:\OS_Image\mount
- Mount the Winre.wim file that you created in step 2. To do this, run the following command:
ImageX /mountrw C:\winre\winre.wim 1 C:\winre\mount
- Install the hotfix on the mounted Windows RE image. To do this, run the following command:
Dism /image:C:\winre\mount /Add-Package:c:\TEMP\Windows6.1-KB2709289-x64.msu
- Determine whether the hotfix is installed successfully. To do this, run the following command:
Dism /image:C:\winre\mount /Get-Packages
- Commit the changes to the Winre.wim file. To do this, run the following command:
ImageX.exe /unmount /commit C:\winre\mount
- Create a customized Windows RE medium by using the Winre.wim file:
copype.cmd amd64 C:\WinREx64
- Copy the Winre.wim file to the ISO\sources folder >> rename the file as Boot.wim command:
copy C:\winre\winre.wim C:\WinREx64\ISO\sources\boot.wim
- Deploy the customized Windows RE image to any media.
If user gets problem then:
- Press Windows + R >> type “cmd” >> Enter >> type “sfc/scannow” >> Enter (as administer console)
- Press Windows + R >> type “cleanmgr.exe” >> Enter
- Ensure internet connections
- Repair associates registry entries of Error E_UNEXPECTED 0x8000ffff
- Ensure user profile, System time and date
- Accomplish Antivirus program
- Update PC Device Drivers
- Restore to alter recent changes
- Uninstall and Reinstall updates
- Install all available Windows updates
Conclusive Decision :
The user should use a third party “Advanced System Repair tool” assistance if gets failure for E_UNEXPECTED 0x8000ffff Error in Windows 7 removal. It provides grievances over manuals viz. pace with the cache, defragmentation, free tech support for downloads and updates, scansion and prevention of firmware, spyware, malware, adware and data append to currently executed database automatically in a single click.